Dubai, United Arab Emirates, April 10, 2011 – UITP Dubai 2011 – HID Global, trusted leader in solutions for the delivery of secure identity, is continuing its drive to deliver innovative products and solutions for cashless payment and ticketing at this week’s UITP 2011 Mobility and City Transport Exhibition. The company will showcase its globally certified veriCLASS embedded contactless reader platform for cashless payment and ticketing, partner automatic fare collection products using Genuine HID Technology™ that help power Dubai’s transit network, and innovative partner solutions for electric vehicle (EV) charging payment.
HID Global will feature its extensive suite of products, solutions and technologies for automatic fare collection, ranging from FARGO® printer/encoders to contactless payment readers and transit cards in Booth #3A200 at the Dubai World Trade Center L.L.C. (DWTC) from April 10-13, 2011. Key HID Global demonstrations include:
- Embedded Reader Platforms for Cashless Payment and Ticketing Systems - HID Global’s veriCLASS embedded reader platform is based on universally adaptable contactless reader technology and includes global product approvals and technology certifications that enable developers to significantly speed time to market with their finished solutions. veriCLASS simultaneously supports open-loop debit/credit schemes and closed-loop payment schemes on the same reader platform and supports a broad range of protocols and payment schemes.
The veriCLASS 3300 reader core is for space-constrained applications and the 3500 reader board is for terminal applications. The veriCLASS Developer Tool Kit includes documentation, a developer board and antennas, along with a veriCLASS 3300 reader core and board, drivers, test credentials and sample code.
- Genuine HID Solutions that Power Dubai’s Transit Network - HID Global solutions and partner solutions with embedded Genuine HID technology are integrated into several different products in Dubai’s transit network. These solutions both enable and secure automatic fare collection devices in buses, marine transport and on-street parking. Partner products on display include Pay‘n Display (PnD) terminals for on-street parking and Psion’s handheld payment terminals.
- More Innovation through Partner Solutions - HID Global will demonstrate the electric vehicle charging station from its partner, POD Point Limited. The station contains HID Multi-ISO contactless payment technology.
- Printing and Encoding Solutions - FARGO DTC4500 for high-performance printing of contactless cards for fare collection to access control. The DTC4500 allows transit operators and integrators to build upon their investment by adding field-upgradeable modules such as dual-sided printing, technology card encoding and single- or dual-sided simultaneous lamination.
Asure ID 7 photo ID card software with an enhanced user experience and added functionality designed to extend ease of use, convenience and productivity.
- Genuine HID Credentials and Readers - The extensive line of high-quality technology cards and HID’s secure contactless readers that support one of the broadest ranges of transmission protocols and transponder ICs available on the market: HID veriCLASS and Multi-ISO readers, as well as the OMNIKEY® 5321 PAY reader for economical support of payment environments where EMVCo-compliant contactless smart card technology is used.
About HID Global
HID Global is the trusted source for secure identity solutions for millions of customers around the world. Recognized for robust quality, innovative designs and industry leadership, HID Global is the supplier of choice for OEMs, system integrators, and application developers serving a variety of markets. These markets include physical and logical access control, including strong authentication and credential management; card printing and personalization; highly secure government ID; and identification technologies used in animal ID and industry and logistics applications. The company's primary brands include HID®, ActivIdentity™, FARGO®, and LaserCard®. Headquartered in Irvine, California, HID Global has over 2,100 employees worldwide and operates international offices that support more than 100 countries. HID Global is an ASSA ABLOY Group brand. For more information, visit www.hidglobal.com.
PR Specialist EMEA
+49 162 2 63 49 86