Company Will Also Highlight Government-to-Citizen ID Solutions, Inlays and Prelaminates, and Its New FARGO® HDP8500 Industrial Series Card Printer/Encoder; HID Executives Will Speak at Conference Track Sessions
LAS VEGAS – CARTES North America Expo and Conference – March 5, 2012 – HID Global, trusted leader in solutions for the delivery of secure identity, continues its commitment to innovation leadership by offering a broad portfolio of RFID and digital technology solutions that support users’ needs to create, use and manage secure identities. As a part of its showcase this week at CARTES North America Expo and Conference 2012 in Las Vegas, the company will highlight its SESAME award-winning SIO™ technology-enabled platform for mobile access, its government-to-citizen ID solutions, and its new FARGO® HDP8500 Industrial Series Card Printer/Encoder. Company executives will also speak at conference track sessions during the event.
HID Global will demonstrate its extensive suite of technologies, products, solutions and services in Booth #405 at the Mirage Hotel, Grand Ballroom, in Las Vegas from March 5-7, 2012. Key demonstrations include:
Creating a Secure Identity
- RFID Tags and Prelaminates: Field-proven RFID tags, inlays and prelaminates used in a variety of diverse industrial vertical markets, including asset tracking and logistics, waste management, animal ID, retail and manufacturing, and healthcare.
- Government-to-Citizen ID Solutions: E-documents, readers, inlays, prelaminates, LaserCard® optical security media (OSM) and smart card ID credentials for e-passport, national ID, foreign resident, worker ID and vehicle registration programs.
Delivering Secure Identity with Embedded Technology and Managed Services
- Mobile Access Solutions: HID’s Secure Identity Object™-enabled (SE) platform, including digital credentials and eco-friendly readers. The technology-independent platform delivers advanced security, portability and flexibility, while enabling the use NFC smartphones for access control and other applications.
- Embedded Technologies: HID offers a variety of embedded platforms to allow third parties to develop hardware that works within the Genuine HID™ ecosystem. veriCLASS™ is an embedded reader platform for closed-loop payment and open-loop debit/credit card schemes; identiCLASS™ is used to develop e-ID hardware used in e-ID solutions; and the SIO Processor can be used across a variety of platforms to SIO-enable third-party hardware.
- Managed Services: HID’s Identity on Demand™ (IoD) services that provide the scale and resources to handle large-volume orders and tight deadlines through a secure web portal that enables the monitoring and managing all aspects of card personalization projects.
Assurance and Management of Secure Identity
- Credential Management and Authentication Solutions: HID’s ActivIdentity® brand card management and strong authentication solutions and OMNIKEYÒ desktop reader solutions.
Personalization and Issuance of Secure Identity
- Card Personalization Solutions: HID will showcase its new FARGO HDP8500 Industrial Series Card Printer/Encoder, a superior high definition industrial ID printer for extended-run, high throughput credential personalization and issuance. The printer is ideal for the high duty cycle requirements of government ID card programs, laborious service bureau conditions, and demanding university/large enterprise environments.
HID Global executives will present at CARTES North America Expo and Conference track sessions:
- Julian Lovelock, vice president, Product Marketing – “The New Reality of Converged Access through Smart Cards” during track session: IT Security and Cloud Computing on Monday, March 5 from 2:50 p.m.- 3:15 p.m.
- Jason Bohrer, senior vice president, Managed Services – “NFC Applications and Services for Secure Access Control, Retail and Payment” during the WIMA panel on Tuesday, March 6 from 12:30 p.m.-12:50 p.m.
- Daniel Bailin, director, program management, Strategic Innovation – “Unlocking the World of Digital Keys and Portable Identity Credentials on Mobile Phones” during track session: Secure Identity on the Mobile on Tuesday, March 6 from 4:00 p.m.- 4:30 p.m.
- Craig Sandness, vice president, Government ID Solutions – “Streamlining the Delivery of Multi-Technology ID Solutions - The Evolution from Single Application Smart Cards to Powerful Multi-Technology ID Credentials” during track session: Examples of Successful E-Government Programs in the World on Wednesday, March 7 from 11:30 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
About HID Global
HID Global is the trusted source for secure identity solutions for millions of customers around the world. Recognized for robust quality, innovative designs and industry leadership, HID Global is the supplier of choice for OEMs, system integrators, and application developers serving a variety of markets. These markets include physical and logical access control, including strong authentication and credential management; card printing and personalization; highly secure government ID; and identification technologies used in animal ID and industry and logistics applications. The company's primary brands include HID®, ActivIdentity®, FARGO®, and LaserCard®. Headquartered in Irvine, California, HID Global has over 2,100 employees worldwide and operates international offices that support more than 100 countries. HID Global is an ASSA ABLOY Group brand. For more information, visit www.hidglobal.com.
® HID, the HID logo, identiCLASS, veriCLASS, iCLASS, iCLASS SE, Identity on Demand, OMNIKEY, Secure Identity Object, SIO, and FARGO are trademarks or registered trademarks of HID Global in the U.S. and/or other countries. All other trademarks, service marks, and product or service names are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners.
Director, Global Public Relations