- HID Global adds solutions from its recent acquisition of Codebench to deliver comprehensive, off-the-shelf interoperable FIPS-201 compliant solutions.
- pivCLASS® Federal Identity Solutions provide complete systems for PKI at the door, including readers, authentication devices, and validation and certificate management software.
- HID Global’s pivCLASS solution enables federal agencies to meet the HSPD-12 mandate for physical access.
IRVINE, Calif., April 8, 2013 – ISC West 2013 – HID Global®, a worldwide leader in secure identity solutions, announced today it has expanded its pivCLASS® Government Solutions portfolio focused on the Federal Identity market with the addition of the PIVCheckTM Plus software solution from Codebench, an HID Global company. The pivCLASS solution provides full Personal Identity Verification (PIV) and Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) functionality at the door for government agencies and contractors enabling them to comply with federal identity mandates. The company will showcase its complete portfolio of FIPS-201 compliant access control solutions at this year’s ISC West 2013 International Security Conference and Exposition from April 10-12 in Las Vegas.
The PIVCheck Plus software solution, now called pivCLASS Registration Engine and pivCLASS Certificate Manager, allows customers to harvest cardholder data and enroll the information into a variety of physical access control systems. The solution currently supports 30 different physical access control systems, the most comprehensive on the market. The software offering joins HID Global’s pivCLASS Transitional Readers, pivCLASS credentials and pivCLASS® Authentication Module as the industry’s most complete solution for PKI at the door.
“The addition of Codebench products greatly increases the capabilities of our pivCLASS registration system and provides a clear migration path towards FIPS-201 compliance for facilities that require highly secure multi-factor access control,” said John Fenske, vice president of product marketing for Physical Access Control with HID Global. “With the addition of integration capabilities included in PIVCheck Plus, government customers can be assured of off-the-shelf interoperability with the majority of physical access control systems on the market today.”
The pivCLASS Government Solutions portfolio includes:
• pivCLASS Transitional Readers – Contact, contactless and biometric readers for meeting any assurance level and the NIST SP 800-116 guidelines. These readers support nearly any card type (PIV, PIV-I, CIV, CAC, TWIC, iCLASS®, HID Prox and more) and perform any required authentication mode (CHUID, CAK, PIV + PIN, BIO). These readers can be used to phase in multifactor authentication at the door by reconfiguring them in the field rather than replacing them to support PKI based authentication.
• pivCLASS Credentials – A dual-interface (contact/contactless) PIV credential that offers secure storage and protection for the smart card’s passwords, digital identity credentials, cryptographic functions, personal information and computer access capabilities. It enhances credential security, utility and flexibility and simplifies issuance of PIV cards and the process of upgrading an existing physical access control system.
• pivCLASS Authentication Module (PAM) – Enables physical access control system (PACS) upgrades to FIPS 201 compliance by performing the FIPS 140-certified cryptographic functions the typical PACS panel cannot perform. It is installed between a supported reader and the existing access control panel and provides configurable Wiegand output to the controller.
• pivCLASS Registration Engine and pivCLASS Certificate Manager – Software for validating PIV, PIV-I, CIV, TWIC, FRAC, and CAC credentials and verifying cardholder identities. The software can be deployed on a PC, laptop, or handheld terminal.
For more information about the pivCLASS Government Solutions portfolio, visit HID Global at ISC West, booth #11049.
The HID Global pivCLASS Government Solutions portfolio is available now. Click here for more information.
Related ISC West 2013 Track Sessions:
• Bob Fontana, vice president of engineering, Federal Identity Solutions at Codebench, an HID Global Company – “Authentication for PIV and PIV-I using PKI and Biometrics” panel discussion in the Access Control & ID Management track session” on Thursday, April 11 from 7:30 – 8:30 a.m.
About HID Global
HID Global is the trusted source for innovative products, services, solutions, and know-how related to the creation, use, and management of secure identities for millions of customers around the world. The company’s served markets include physical and logical access control, including strong authentication and credential management; card printing and personalization; visitor management systems; highly secure government and citizen ID; and identification RFID technologies used in animal ID and industry and logistics applications. Primary brands are ActivID®, EasyLobby®, FARGO® and HID®. Headquartered in Irvine, California, HID Global has over 2,000 employees worldwide and operates international offices that support more than 100 countries. HID Global® is an ASSA ABLOY Group brand. For more information, visit www.hidglobal.com.
® HID, the HID logo, and pivCLASS are trademarks or registered trademarks of HID Global in the U.S. and/or other countries. All other trademarks, service marks, and product or service names are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners.
Director, Global Public Relations