- Company’s award-winning Worldwide Headquarters and North America Operations Center passes independent evaluation by SGS, an accredited third-party certification organization.
- Certification demonstrates HID Global’s continuing commitment to reducing the environmental impact of its daily operations through a variety of programs and activities.
- Focus areas of the ISO 14001:2004 environmental management system include legislative compliance, pollution prevention, and minimizing energy and resource usage.
AUSTIN, Texas, June 17, 2015 – HID Global®, a worldwide leader in secure identity solutions, today announced that its worldwide headquarters and North America Operations Center located in Austin, Texas, has achieved certification to the ISO 14001:2004 Environmental Management Standard. The certificate was issued by SGS, an accredited third-party organization, after completing an audit verifying that the Austin facility’s environmental management system conforms to the standard’s requirements.
The ISO 14001 standard provides the criteria, framework and tools for certifying systems that enable organizations to identify and control their environmental impact. Achieving certification demonstrates to an organization’s customers, employees, and stakeholders that their building’s environmental impact is being measured and improved. Certification elements include compliance with environmental legislation, pollution prevention, minimizing energy and resource usage, and exceeding customers’ environmental expectations for environmental performance.
"This achievement in Austin extends our proven track record of successful ISO 14001 certifications around the world that demonstrate HID Global’s ongoing commitment to best practices in sustainability,” said Kevin Teehan, senior director of Strategic Operations and Corporate Sustainability with HID Global. “We take great pride in our team as they continue the hard work of making HID Global a showcase of environmental stewardship.”
Developed and constructed with a focus on sustainable design and operations, HID Global’s facility opened in Austin on January 13, 2014, and has since been recognized as an industry-leading and environmentally-conscious building through the following distinctions, certifications and awards:
- Only industrial manufacturing facility in Texas to achieve Platinum-level certification with the U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC) LEED® rating program.
- Four-star rating from Austin Energy Green Building (AEGB), which focuses on the city’s more stringent energy, water and indoor environmental quality requirements.
- Named one of the city’s best new buildings in Austin Business Journal’s 15th annual Commercial Real Estate Awards competition.
Learn more about HID Global Sustainability, by clicking here.
For more HID Global news, visit our Media Center, read our Industry Blog, subscribe to our RSS Feed, watch our videos and follow us on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.
# # #
® HID and the HID logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of HID Global in the U.S. and/or other countries. All other trademarks, service marks, and product or service names are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners.
Global Public Relations