Even if you can't travel to the big security show in Orlando over the next few days...
...you can keep up with HID Global and the rest of your favorite companies using Twitter and other online tools.
If you don't yet use Twitter as a news source, let me assure you it is easy to use. And you can get familiar with this important information tool without ever posting a tweet yourself by simply reading the tweets of others. Here's how:
1. First, sign up for a free account at twitter.com.
2. Then do a search for #ASIS11. The pound or number sign is a hashtag that makes it easy to search by subject. Be sure to use the "Search" box, not the "What's happening" box.
3. Save the search and bookmark the page.
4. Then scan the new tweets a couple of times a day. It's a great way to keep abreast of the show's happenings and product announcements during the event.
Search now for ASIS 2011 news on Twitter. You'll see there is a lot of variety in terms of subject matter.
Some tweets are of the research or educational nature. Many tweets are reflections of what other people found of interest. And other tweets are straight forward promotions that suppliers use help direct show attendees to their booth.
Beyond the Tweet
Other ways to keep up on the ASIS event and the industry from afar:
• Peruse the blogs and other show-specific coverage. Bookmark your favorite consultants, analysts, vendors and media companies (often, magazine websites are good). Here are a couple of examples:
• Download the free ASIS Mobile app (for the iPhone and Android) for a directory listing the companies exhibiting and where to find specific products.
ASIS will be a key source for industry news over the next three days, so stop by HID's booth #2400...or join us virtually!